Monday, August 3, 2009

Afternoon Cocktails at DBGB: A Perfect Manhattan


Rainy Sunday, best time for some afternoon cocktails with friends. I chose DGBG, Daniel Boulud's latest shrine for lovers of beer + sausage and burgers + a side of brown liquor (see additional review from RestauranTours). Being a brown liquor lover myself, I ordered a Manhattan, up with extra cherries. Not the best drink for a muggy cloudy summer day, but thoroughly enjoyable especially when paired with some duck meatballs and fries. My favorite recipe involves Italian vermouth (1 part) and rye (2 parts) plus dashes of bitters. If you want a "mixologist" title vs "bartender", try using something fancier than maraschino cherries like wine pickled cherries from scratch. If you ask me, maraschino works fine, minus the snobbery.


No comments:

Post a Comment