Saturday, December 6, 2008

Michelle Obama's Toughest Decision: What to Wear to the Inaugural Ball!

So Women's Wear Daily has asked a slew of top designers to sketch their design for inauguration gowns and outfits for Michelle Obama. We're talking the TOP designers in the world. What would I have to do (besides become first lady) to get them to sketch outfits for me? I need outfits for walking aimlessly around Soho, for presentations at work to the old, white males who run the company, for happy hours with my friends in midtown, for beach parties in the Hamptons, for jetsetting in economy class to Buenos Aires...Michelle Obama I bet doesn't have as many needs for outfits as I do!



Anyway, here are a few of my favorites (DVF, Carolina Herrera, Marc Jacobs, Monique Lhullier, Peter Som, Michael Kors) but check out the whole slide show on WWD. Personally, I think she should pick an up and coming young designer like Peter Som or Philip Lim or Thakoon instead of the obvious choices of Kors, Donna Karan and the like. It will make her even cooler than she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment